Read the crew daily reports live
in the section Nerio I
31st Oct 2022 - 12th Nov 2022
"Never limit yourself because of others’ limited imagination; never limit others because of your own limited imagination.”
- Mae Jemison, first african-american woman to travel in space aboard the Space Shuttle Endeavour in 1992
“Understanding how things work and being an engineer led me to become a helicopter pilot and eventually to NASA. The path doesn’t necessarily have to be straight, but don’t limit yourself to what you know. Go out and try new things.”
- Sunita Williams, former NASA astronaut cumulating a spacewalk time of 50 hours and 40 minutes
“A bird cannot fly with one wing only. Human space flight cannot develop any further without the active participation of women.”
- Valentina Tereshkova, first woman to go to space in 1963
“Studying whether there's life on Mars or studying how the universe began, there's something magical about pushing back the frontiers of knowledge.”
- Sally Ride, first American woman to go to space in 1983
“Know what it is that drives you - motivates you - and pursue it. Endeavor to work to make it happen.”
- Peggy Whitson, first woman commander of the ISS and first woman Chief of the Astronaut Office
WoMars organizes all-female space analogue missions and trainings in Europe and overseas to offer young women hands-on experience in the field of space exploration while collecting data on women in space-like environments that is currently lacking.
WoMars is also a Geneva-based non-profit organization dedicated to promote and support diversity in space exploration. Through outreach initiaves, we aim to encourage younger generations to think the future of space exploration in a more diverse, inclusive, and sustainable way.